Regular, daily routines and good habits are an excellent solution to feeling a little more normal in a not-so-normal environment.
“If you pick the right small behavior and sequence it right, then you won’t have to motivate yourself to have it grow. It will just happen naturally, like a good seed planted in a good spot.” ―BJ Fogg
We suggest considering adding CBD to your daily routine – read on as we discuss the following:
The Importance of a Daily Routine
One of the best ways to overcome anxiousness about the upcoming unknown—find ways to make little changes in your daily routine. A good morning routine is linked to less stress and boosted mood and energy throughout the day. If you can make small, simple changes in what you do every day, for 14 days, the behavior becomes second-nature and the power of habit takes over. 92% of people with a morning routine consider themselves highly productive.
Some of the most common parts of a daily morning routine include:
- Drinking coffee
- Eating breakfast
- Drinking water
- Reading emails
- Making the bed
- Listening to the news
- Straightening up the home/cleaning
- Brushing teeth
- Making a list of priorities for the day
Many people also take medication, and sometimes that means CBD. We’ve talked about why it is beneficial to take CBD daily and how it works with your endocannabinoid system. Adding CBD to your daily routine can support stress and anxiety reduction, pain and inflammation reduction, and can provide an overall boost to your wellbeing.
CBD is a versatile, holistic solution that helps with so many different life challenges. No matter what your goal for taking CBD, consistency will help to elevate your healing. A consistent schedule can achieve consistent results.
Once you create a daily habit of incorporating CBD into your routine, it becomes a part of your daily life.
If you need a little help finding ways to be consistent with incorporating CBD into your daily routine, here are our favorite solutions:
- Keep your products in plain sight. Find a visible place where you’ll see them as a part of your daily happenings. For example, if you enjoy taking your tincture in the morning, keep the bottle near the coffee maker, beside the cereal box, or even in the bathroom, right next to your toothbrush. If you prefer to take your tincture at nighttime to help with sleep (we recommend lavender CBD tincture for this), keep the bottle on your nightstand where you’ll see it right before laying down for bed.
- Set a daily reminder. Use technology to help you remember. Set an alarm or a reminder on your phone for the same time every day with a positive note to yourself, i.e., “Today will be awesome!” or “Here’s to sweet dreams.” For a low-tech option, put a sticky note on your fridge or desk, somewhere that you’ll likely see it at the same time every day.
- Treat them like vitamins. If you’re looking for a quick and easy way to take measured doses every day – this one’s for you. Set some time aside on Sunday to prep for your week and create your own CBD vitamins using veggie capsules. Add one capsule to your vitamin planner along with your other vitamins for the week for an easy-breezy method that’ll cut a few minutes out of your morning or nightly routine. Please note: If you’re filling your capsule with one full serving (1 ml) from our measured droppers, you’ll most likely want to purchase 000 sized veggie capsules.
- Incorporate it into your daily workout routine. Generally, taking CBD pre or post-workout can be an excellent tool for recovery, especially if you’re taking our turmeric CBD tincture with anti-inflammatory, healing properties. Some research shows that CBD may inhibit the release of stress hormones that can hinder muscle gains. If you’re feeling extra stressed, try finding 20 to 30 minutes in your day where you can get your blood pumping, and whatever your workout of choice, keep your CBD products nearby to incorporate into your workout routine.
We all have the ability to live with excellence; it’s the little things that we do each day that help us get there. “If you are going to achieve excellence in big things, you develop the habit in little matters. Excellence is not an exception, it is a prevailing attitude.” ―Colin Powell
Good habits are easy to achieve with a little bit of mindfulness and practice. The key to success with creating healthy patterns in your daily routine is recognizing your daily trends, owning them, and using them to your benefit. Once you start practicing consistency, it becomes easier to incorporate additional healthy routines into your life.
One of the questions that we’re asked a lot is, “What is the best time to take CBD?” Your answer resides in how you want your CBD to work for you. Developing mindfulness around your use of CBD and other medications can help their intended effects. Do you have anxiety in the morning? Feeling achy after a noontime workout? Maybe you need relief from insomnia. No matter the reasoning, there’s a CBD solution for you.
Some of the best ways to take CBD in the morning include tinctures, gummies, and topicals. If you wake up with aches and pains, our CBD Healing Salve is just the ticket to get you moving. Don’t want to turn to caffeine for your morning boost of energy? Our CBG + CBD Tincture will increase energy while decreasing inflammation and supporting immune health.
In the afternoon, it’s likely that you could be feeling increased stress and anxiety or pain from a workout. Gummies, tinctures, and CBD-infused drinks encourage your body back to homeostasis and can help you eke out the last few hours of the day.
When using CBD to treat insomnia or to ease your mind into sleep, consider our lavender CBD tincture which is infused with herbs to support restfulness. Other tinctures and gummies are available infused with melatonin, which also encourages a good night’s sleep.
No matter when you incorporate CBD into your daily routine, it can add just the boost you need to establish and maintain new habits for your health and wellness.