Baking with CBD is such an easy and fun way to get creative with your CBD intake. Normally, we consider cookies to be a special treat saved for special occasions. However, a little indulgence every now and then is ok and these cookies are not loaded with ingredients that are terrible for you. So you can feel good about treating yourself to one (or two!), and you can feel great about sharing them with your family and friends.
Why lemon and lavender?
The combination of these two ingredients go together like summer and sunshine; they are a perfect pairing. Both ingredients have healing properties that help to both relax and energize you at the same time – like the feeling you get waking up naturally after a great night’s sleep.
Lavender can act as a treatment for anxiety, depression, intestinal problems, insomnia, restlessness, and pain. We cover a little bit of this and where to buy cooking lavender in our Lavender Lemonade Blog Recipe.
Like lavender, lemon essential oil has no shortage of therapeutic benefits. It can be both calming and stimulating. It has a lengthy roster of powerful properties, including astringent, antiseptic, antifungal, and more.
- 1 ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup cane sugar
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons lavender flowers
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1ml Blooming Botanicals 2000mg Lavender Tincture
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and grease the paper
- Whisk dry ingredients together in a bowl
- Mix wet ingredients in separate bowl until smooth
- Gently mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients until thoroughly combined
- Drop cookie dough by tablespoon about 2 inches apart onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes or until cookies are fragrant and edges turn golden brown.
- Remove cookies from oven and let cool 15 minutes
- Enjoy warm!
Makes: 12 cookies
5.5mg CBD per cookie. Give yourself about 20 to 30 minutes for this recipe. Prep: 10 to 15 minutes, Bake 12 to 15 minutes. Once your cookies are done, hop over to instagram to tell us they turned out and what you think!